The Missouri Clean Energy District’s mission is to provide unlimited capital for energy projects across Missouri. The programs operated by the District provide access to capital for all property types and categories.
Private and public property owners may apply for energy project funding for improvements to residential, multifamily, commercial, industrial, agricultural and municipal facilities.
- For Homeowners: The HERO Program offers a new, affordable financing option for energy-efficient upgrades, which help homeowners increase efficiency, comfort and savings.
- For Commercial Property Owners: HERO eliminates the key barriers to completing energy projects for businesses – 100% upfront funds and long term fixed rate financing.
- Public Facilities & Infrastructure Improvements: Local Governments benefit from energy project financing for Public Facilities through the District.
- Rural Development Commercial Facility Target Fund: In development: not currently offered. Energy project assistance for property owners in rural Missouri communities Proposed to operate in conjunction with the USDA IRP program.
As seen on the graphic below, funding is available through one of several programs offered through the district. The HERO program, offered through the district’s partner Renovate America, provides funding for commercial and residential property improvements. Projects requiring special financing management, involving public property or large transaction size are processed through the District Administrator *.
. . . RED boxes represent HERO functions performed by Renovate America – GREEN boxes represent MCED functions . . .
Access to long term fixed rate financing of energy improvements is available for small and large projects on virtually any conceivable property type of the built environment.
Commercial property types include office buildings, industrial property, medical centers, hotels, malls, retail stores, farm, multifamily housing, warehouses and garages. Residential property containing more than a five units qualifies as commercial property for borrowing purposes.
* Note: Large commercial projects requiring funding greater than $1.5 Million will be processed through the HERO Commercial Program and managed by the District Administrator to secure competitive term sheets from qualified investors. Please contact the District Administrator to initiate project funding.