The HERO (Home Energy Renovation Opportunity) Program provides an affordable financing option for energy-efficient and renewable energy upgrades, which help homeowners increase efficiency, comfort and savings. While the program name implies financing for home renovations, most property types, including commercial properties, are eligible.
Any property owner who lives in a city or county which is a member of MCED can apply for HERO financing. To find out if HERO is available in your community, please check the communities list on the HERO Program website, or call 855-HERO-411 (855-437-6411).
More property owners can have access to energy-efficient options because HERO is financed as an assessment on your property. This brings benefits, such as:
- Interest on payments may be tax deductible*
- Approval is primarily based on home equity and debt payment history rather than FICO score
- HERO finances 100% of the cost to purchase and install eligible products
- Fixed rates and flexible terms of 5-20 years, depending on the improvements you choose
- Should you decide to sell your property before your HERO assessment is paid in full, any remaining balance may be able to transfer to a new property owner.
For more details, or to apply to the HERO program for both residential and commercial energy improvements, please visit their website and read the FAQs.
The Missouri Clean Energy District and Renovate America have formed a public-private partnership to offer this innovative financing solution with its industry-leading consumer protections to property owners across the state. Working together, we will bring a better, more energy-efficient future to Missouri.
*Consult your tax advisor to see if you may be eligible for tax benefits